Your hotel in the middle of the 2020 Lemon Festival
Category : Events
Take part in the Lemon Festival this winter, the must-do event on the Côte d’Azur, and experience Menton and its citrus fruit ripe with the sweet scent of holidays! Check out the schedule and theme for the 87th event of its kind as well as the surprises the Quality Hôtel Méditerranée Menton has in store for the occasion. So, are you ready for an experience to remember?
The 87th Lemon Festival in Menton
The Lemon Festival lands in Menton for its 87th outing exploring "World Festivals" from Saturday February 15th to Tuesday March 3rd 2020. Every year over 200,000 visitors flock to this one-of-a-kind family event lasting a fortnight.
Just a 5 minute walk from your 3* hotel in central Menton, admire the citrus exhibitions in the Jardins Biovès. As spectacular by day or by night during the Gardens of Light, the sculptures are made from over 140 tons of lemons and oranges, 750,000 elastic bands and 15 tons of metal. It takes thousands of hours to build and design all the floats on parade during the golden fruit corsos and evening corsos.
You'll be blown away by this jaw-dropping show during your holiday in Menton. Here's a taster of what awaits this year with a video of the 2019 Lemon Festival on the theme of "Fantastic Worlds":
Check out the zesty schedule for the 87th Lemon Festival on the theme of "World Festivals":
- Citrus Exhibition: Daily in the Jardins Biovès 10am-6pm, exc. Sunday 9am-7pm and Thursday 10am-7pm.
- Gardens of Light: Sunday February 15th, Friday 21st and 28th 2020 in the Jardins Biovès 8.30-10.30pm.
- Golden Fruit Corsos: Sunday February 16th and 23rd and March 1st 2020 2.30-4pm on the Promenade du Soleil.
- Evening Corsos: Thursday February 20th and 27th on the Promenade du Soleil.
Affiche Fête du Citron 2020 - Credit Ville de Menton
Carnival vibes at the Hôtel Méditerranée Menton
Near the Jardins Biovès and Promenade du Soleil, the Hôtel Méditerranée Menton is the perfect place to hang your hat and soak up the event's festival fairytale vibes.
Quality Hôtel Méditerranée Menton - Fête du Citron 2019
The entire team gets into costume for the Lemon Festival and has surprises galore for you! Immortalise your stay in central Menton with a photo next to the lemon sculpture for you to feast your eyes on in the hotel lobby. Share your best snaps with us on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtags #FeteduCitron and #SummerHotels.
The biggest carnival in France and one of the most famous in the world, Nice Carnival is happening at the same time near Menton. Make more of your weekend on the Côte d’Azur with a stay at one of the 7 other hotels in the Summer Hotels group: ibis Styles Menton Centre, Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice, Best Western Plus Hôtel Brice Garden Nice, Hôtel Florence Nice, Hôtel Locarno Nice and Best Western Hôtel Lakmi Nice.
Explore Menton and its famous citrus fruit
Make the most of your stay during the Lemon Festival to experience other things to do in Menton:
- Craftsmanship Fair and Orchid Festival at the Palais de l’Europe (free entry)
- The grounds at the Palais de Carnolès with its unique collection of 137 varieties of citrus fruit in France
- La Casetta, the municipal Menton lemon nursery overlooking the town and Mediterranean.
- Sample citrus products at one of the many local producers: Au pays du Citron, Pasta Piemonte, La Maison du Citron etc.
Soak up the magic of the Lemon Festival during your stay at the Hôtel Méditerranée Menton. Children and adults will go home with a head full of dreams after seeing this one-of-a-kind event!